Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Ca roof top tents for family trip

Storage, Racks, Bed Conversions, Cargo area modification, tie-downs, extra fuel, roof-tents, awnings, curtains, cooking devices, water makers, water heaters, navigation devices, communication systems, tinted glass, flooring treatments, power and battery controllers, and all that other stuff you don't really need but is nice to have for big trips.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
cartop

Ca roof top tents for family trip

Post#1 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:49 am

Hi, some pics car roof top tents on top of GD 300 SWB Cabrio for family trip. :(

schuhe

Re: Ca roof top tents for family trip

Post#2 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:12 am

Very cleaver. I would not have thought the old style hardtop could manage the weight of family on the roof. They are heavy and seem strong, but it appears as though have mounted the tent directly to the roof, and not exterior frame.

Nice work - and the kids/parents have their own rooms!!

kmaser4x4

Post#3 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:55 pm

I have never seen a setup like that with 2 seperate tents\rooms, does it all fold into one and who makes it ?

kurtis

mk216v

Post#4 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:08 am

Thanks for the pics Mehmet. I can't believe the kids tent can be supported so well, especially with those 2 skinny poles to the ground!

cartop

Post#5 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:51 am

The red tent supported two kids on. İt fold into one, it's possible to put red tent on front side car.This is my project.
An offroad and camping activity is on http://www.gezenbilir.com/index.php?topic=59700.160#top
kmaser4x4 wrote:I have never seen a setup like that with 2 seperate tents\rooms, does it all fold into one and who makes it ?

kurtis

Return to “Camping and Overland Travel Related Modifications”