Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Low budget fridge option

Storage, Racks, Bed Conversions, Cargo area modification, tie-downs, extra fuel, roof-tents, awnings, curtains, cooking devices, water makers, water heaters, navigation devices, communication systems, tinted glass, flooring treatments, power and battery controllers, and all that other stuff you don't really need but is nice to have for big trips.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
stevegsmith

Re: Low budget fridge option

Post#31 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:35 am

I think it was Oregon. Yes, my kids were among the beneficiaries. Suck it Kent.
Steve

4x4Puch

Re: Low budget fridge option

Post#32 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:57 pm

I run with a bunch of Pinzgauers. In our group there are very few who still use coolers. I switched to a Norcold (older Engel) fridge several years ago. I will not go back to a cooler again. My Norcold 60qt has been running in my pinz here in the deserts of AZ ever since I installed it in my truck. I am getting a Norcold 45qt for the 230GE. They are multi volt and use a swing motor unlike the Danfos and as such are much less power hungry (very important as the pinz uses a solar system for all none vehicle systems). There is one owner in our group that uses the new style coolers in combination with a small Norcold. He just freezes ice packs and rotates them out of the cooler and refreezes them. He can take what ever size cooler he needs.
1991 Swiss army 230GE
1972 Swiss army 712M Pinzgauer
1975 Swiss army 710M Pinzgauer
1956 Dutch army DAF YA 126

Return to “Camping and Overland Travel Related Modifications”