Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Roof Rack used by Mike Horn

Storage, Racks, Bed Conversions, Cargo area modification, tie-downs, extra fuel, roof-tents, awnings, curtains, cooking devices, water makers, water heaters, navigation devices, communication systems, tinted glass, flooring treatments, power and battery controllers, and all that other stuff you don't really need but is nice to have for big trips.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Mcfly

Re: Roof Rack used by Mike Horn

Post#11 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:41 pm

Is the rear ladder on these the Le Tech as well? seems different I like the rack more than the Preining IMO but not in that yellow. :lol: The Le Tech ladder is cleaner I think too
Attachments
d8aa95ac68.jpg
g350d-professional.jpg
2000 Europa G500
1986 280ge 606STD

TechMOGogy

Post#12 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:32 pm

Yes that is a LeTech ladder
If I remember correctly they require drilling at the bottom to mount and as you can see are mounted to the roof rack on top.
There is another design that requires no drilling and mounts to the upper rain gutter so the rack can be removed but ladder can stay.
https://www.g-wagenaccessories.com/prod ... gen-models

Just another option
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

Mcfly

Post#13 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:38 pm

I emailed LeTech for pricing to see but nothing
2000 Europa G500
1986 280ge 606STD

inkblotz

Post#14 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:40 am

Mcfly wrote:I emailed LeTech for pricing to see but nothing

LeTech is no more. they closed their doors.

Canada g

Post#15 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:47 am

Their website is still online http://www.lennartz-technik.de/Start.2.0.html
mercedes and puch publications (brochures, manuals, etc) http://issuu.com/brabusg36
You have what I don't have? sent me a PM

inkblotz

Post#16 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:53 am

Interesting it must've been the US market website.
However they don't list any way to purchase their products. It's more like a feel good show and tell website.
Wonder if the contact links work?

Mcfly

Post#17 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:33 pm

brabusg36 wrote:Their website is still online http://www.lennartz-technik.de/Start.2.0.html

This is the website I emailed. The USA distributor shut down I believe 2 years ago. Don't quote me though. I remember Jay and Steve @ Couch saying something about a Texas? shop who was distributing them.Again don't quote me.

GFG can get you the roof rack from MB from what I know but the LeTech ladder is the question mark.
2000 Europa G500
1986 280ge 606STD

destaccado

Post#18 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:36 am

I have a few questions for you guys since I've been searching all over the net and can't find easy answers.

I have a G350D Professional on order in Germany and want to order the Offroad package that comes with this rack but I need to immediately remove it and save it for later because unfortunately it makes the truck 1cm too high for my garage.

The dealer is hard to find answers from but basically I'm wondering what the body is going to look like once this thing is removed.

Questions: I understand I need to have the headliner removed to get to the bolts securing it but does that mean I'm going to have holes in the roof somewhere to temporarily plug?

Do all G-Wagons already have factory holes for mounting roof racks or just the Professional model with the rack option checked?

(I believe on the ladder there will definitely be additional holes but I'm not worried about those)

vadimivanovich

Post#19 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Most racks clamp onto the rain gutter without holes. I don't know anything about the LeTech racks though.

It's totally worth getting your garage door opening raised a few inches. I did this with mine and it was much easier than I expected. FWIW
"The way you think is the way you live"

destaccado

Post#20 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:21 am

They told me to uninstall it they need to remove the headliner so there would have to be some sort of bolt no?

I can't get the garage door opening raised unfortunately because it's a condo building.

Return to “Camping and Overland Travel Related Modifications”