Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Interior expo cabinet build

If you designed it yourself, or made it yourself (not bought), post it here showing how you did it, before and after photos, and testing in the field.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
burqueDOKA

Interior expo cabinet build

Post#1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 pm

After traveling many miles over the past several years with a functional interior cabinet system I built
in the back of my G, I have made many mental notes as to what I liked and didn't like about it. The main thing I didn't like was its lack of use of the bountiful amount of vertical space the G has. The other was the desire to incorporate side hatches in place of the side rear glass. This winter I have finally made the move to make V2.0. It is based around the Frontrunner gullwing hatches now available for the G. It is also utilizing the space added when the rear door is allowed to open all the way, unfortunately this mean the spare tire will need to be relocated to a swing out carrier on a yet to be buil rear bumper. This, to me is a worthwhile compromise. I have completely striped the interior of the rear, no more carpet, no more door panels or side panels. This is a work in progress, and I will post up pics and reports as I find time.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

burqueDOKA

Re: Interior expo cabinet build

Post#2 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:43 pm

More
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

burqueDOKA

Post#3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 pm

More
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

burqueDOKA

Post#4 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:47 pm

More
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

burqueDOKA

Post#5 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:50 pm

More
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

burqueDOKA

Post#6 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 pm

Yes, the seat backs take up a surprising amount of room out of the gullwing cubbies. There will be plenty of well space directly over the rear fenders though. Enought to place a water tank on one side and the auxiliary battery on the other. I'll post some pics with the seats up in the a.m.

awjunkies

Post#7 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:01 am

Off topic but where did you get those rear pop-up windows?

jm89

Post#8 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:02 am

Bravo for this Super work

burqueDOKA

Post#9 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:55 am

awjunkies wrote:Off topic but where did you get those rear pop-up windows?

Frontrunner

burqueDOKA

Post#10 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:14 am

Some more showing the next drawer, the clearance of the seat backs and some random details.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to “Ingenuity and Fabrication: Modifications Made by Clubgwagen Members from Scratch”