Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

W460 M110 Cooling System Bleeding

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
reinhardtius

Re: W460 M110 Cooling System Bleeding

Post#11 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:57 pm

macfun wrote:
DesertStar wrote:I just looked at my 85 and 84 M110 and do not see any "bleeding provisions". I did notice a line fastened with a banjo bolt that attaches below the upper hose on the housing....see photos below.
Mike

Hello from Belgium.

I had such a overheating problem after water pump replacement.
I "simply" had to release a little the "banjo" screw (on the steel pipe) on the left of the picture.
Air bleeded, temp went back to normal.
HTH

to clarify, the reason my M110 was overheating at highway speeds was the head gasket was leaking. how did we fix it? took the M110 out and put in a 617

jonathan joseph

Post#12 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:42 pm

Hunter

You say you're head gasket was leaking but have you ever verified that your radiator was up to par? Most often head gaskets go after the engine has been over heated already. As I remember you never had your radiator cleaned or recored or replaced. I believe you're putting the cart before the horse. Without having eliminated this variable you are left without a difinitive answer as to your overheating problem. I certainly hope you di something to the radiator or I fear for your new engine.

Jonathan

reinhardtius

Post#13 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:16 pm

jonathan joseph wrote:Hunter

You say you're head gasket was leaking but have you ever verified that your radiator was up to par? Most often head gaskets go after the engine has been over heated already. As I remember you never had your radiator cleaned or recored or replaced. I believe you're putting the cart before the horse. Without having eliminated this variable you are left without a difinitive answer as to your overheating problem. I certainly hope you di something to the radiator or I fear for your new engine.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

We actually recored the rad mike serpe sent me. The recore was a really great job, runs at a little more than 1/4 on the temp gauge. The old rad is at warrens and I would not be surprised if that was what caused the engine to overheat in the first place, thus causing the leaking head gasket.

Btw, be on the lookout for warren's custom aluminum radiators - will dissipate heat better as well as provide a more rugged and lighter rad solution than factory, also much cheaper.

g-amg

Post#14 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Snyder,

Here is the "Book" method of Coolant Service.

They make pretty cheap Vacuum Fill Systems on Fleabay.

At least this way, you can "rule out" trapped air as your etiology...
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

g-amg

Post#15 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:00 pm

part 2
Attachments
6.JPG