Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

How do you remove the Armrest ??? Aaugh.

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
offroad-world

Re: How do you remove the Armrest ??? Aaugh.

Post#21 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:31 pm

i have never seen that mounted in reality . maybe it is in the brochure only ?

mfg. guido .

Canada g

Post#22 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Yes guido it is only for the brochure ;)
mercedes and puch publications (brochures, manuals, etc) http://issuu.com/brabusg36
You have what I don't have? sent me a PM

mogwild

Post#23 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Some front seats then eh?
1.jpg
-trev

Otiswesty

Post#24 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 pm

The w124 armrest bracket is almost exactly the same as my 1999. The w124 armrest has a version with a storage compartment that is also really nice. I added it to our 300E a year before we sold that car. The bracket is a little longer and could be adapted pretty easily, especially if you were just adding the driver side. Check on Benzworld and Ebay for more info.

TechMOGogy

Post#25 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:38 pm

Wasn't that storage for a cool Mercedes phone?!?
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 94 350GDT - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

2000G500

Post#26 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:32 am

tj4tj4 wrote:Thanks guys, here it is, for future reference (thanks Dutch):

1. Remove two phillips' head screws from bottom of chair-back
2. Remove two 13 mm bolts from just above arm-rest (holding brass spacer in place)
3. Remove arm-rest.
4. Remove round plastic cover in front of big button
5. Remove leather cover, you may have to cut the inside of the leather and/or some stiching, no more than a few mm. The top of the leather cover (really the back "spine") has a plastic piece inside it that lets you remove it and put it back in place again--they most have known breakage would be a problem.
6. Remove hardware, replace broker arm.
7. Replace hardware and follow steps 5-1 backwards.
Good luck! I used fishing line to sew up my cutting, it worked pretty well w/ inside stiches and knots. Pretent you're a plastic surgeon or something, use tiny stiches and don't let them show.

Andrew

Awesome! I have the same issue on my rig. This is perfect! Thanks for tracking this info down!
2000 G500

Otiswesty

Post#27 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:29 am

Is it possible to add a 1990s 463 arm rest to a 460 Recaro seat?

Also, are there rear seat pedestals to mount the 460 Recaro in the rear bench position?

Otiswesty

Post#28 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:35 am

Is it possible to mount the 1990s 463 armrest on a 460 Recaro seat? They look very similar.

Also, it there some kind of bracket to mount a 460 Recaro in the second row position?

Chris

Post#29 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Otiswesty wrote:Is it possible to mount the 1990s 463 armrest on a 460 Recaro seat? They look very similar.

The 463 armrest bolts to a plate that keys into the seat frame in a special way, I’m sure that plate can be modified to fit any seat with clever metal fab.

Otiswesty wrote:Also, it there some kind of bracket to mount a 460 Recaro in the second row position?

Yes, I did this to robs G with 461 rear seat consoles sourced by guido, I need to find set for another G...

Return to “Tech: Interior and Seating”