Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

New member from TX

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
rrneill

New member from TX

Post#1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Ross Neill and I currently live in Temple, Tx. I have been researching G-wagens for quite a while now. I wanted something that I could initially take the family and then when the kids got out I would modify it as a more expedition type vehicle. This mean I am only looking a LWB models and have decided 2000 and below it better suited for me. I like more mechanical that electrical features. I am more partial to the Europa's and that's what I have been looking for. I am prior military and have been to several of the off-road schools here in the States with the Navy. I use to modify and rebuild the old Mk 1 VW rabbits and race them but really fell in love with going off-road to places that few get to experience.
Take care, Ross

G Nome

Re: New member from TX

Post#2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:33 pm

Welcome.

You are in for a fun project.

rrneill

Post#3 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:51 pm

Thank you.
I like the community, it kinda reminds me of being in the Navy with everyone doing their own thing but working together. I went to a toyota off-road event here in Texas a few weeks ago and it was really fun because everyone was pretty outgoing. I'm also planning to go to the Overland Expo in May so if anyone else is going it would be great to meet up.

spallet

Post#4 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:16 pm

Hey I am going,

Mauricio

rrneill

Post#5 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:50 am

Sounds good, I'll probably put up another post once it closer to the date to meet up with people there. Ross

Leitkreuz

Post#6 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Welcome Ross!

Might I add it's a pleasure to see someone from the military here on the forums.
People who aren't familiar with quality will chase quantity

rrneill

Post#7 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 am

Well I'm in this world now. I now have a 2000 Europa G500 LWB. I have started working on the broke interior parts, new 255/85/16 Coopers and jump seats for the kids. It's really awesome. I'll be at OEX next week. Later

Gwagon55

Post#8 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:10 am

Hi all, I am H.B. Brewer from Hazard ky, Just got into the G wagon family. 02 G-500, and so far like it. Sure I will be asking a lot of questions, when I get in to this thing more.

Gwagon55

Post#9 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:02 am

You will love that G, they are like a tank.

vadimivanovich

Post#10 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:40 am

Welcome!
"The way you think is the way you live"

Return to “New User Introductions”