Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

New to site Photo

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
Evans

New to site Photo

Post#1 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:57 am

Hi all,

Here's a photo of the progress so far...
P1140968.jpg

vadimivanovich

Re: New to site Photo

Post#2 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Welcome! Nice outside-the-frame exhaust. Interesting wheel flares (where are they from?), interesting wheels too. Is that a custom fuel cell in the back? You need a new radio antenna and lower rub-rails... what are your plans?
"The way you think is the way you live"

BigRed72

Post#3 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Welcome. Nice ride! What mods do you have? Suspension?
1994 G300
Too many other past vehicles to mention

Evans

Post#4 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I bought the rig about two years ago from a guy who did a major modification and a frame off rebuild. I got the idea he sold it to me as a "pre-devorce" sale as he had sunk a house worth of money into it, was given an ultimatum, and liked his wife and family more than the rig. I saw the work done was top of the line and a lot of skill went into the mod's. It came running but with a pallet worth of parts that needed to be put back together.

It sat, neglected for most of the time I'v had it as I had to build a barn/shop and do all the stuff one does on a hay farm... But I am now getting it dialed in with the help of a pro/mechanic friend. I plan on camping it, so I am researching roof-top pup up tents and plan on putting a snorkel kit with a cyclone air filter on it.

It does need an antenna, (not sure if it'll work well/fit with a snorkel). I have a set of the bottom rub rails that will be in place soon. It has new springs,(not sure of brand) with Bilstein 5100 series shocks. I think the bead-lock rims were custom made by Trail Ready in Washington. The fuel tank is also custom made and i am not sure of the total capacity...yet, but it does have the "reserve" tank. It also has all new rubber in the windows and doors. The exhaust has a conventional muffler and was also custom fabed. I am not sure of the wheel flares or if they came with the rig when he got it.

As far as the other mod's go, The big one is the built, Eco Tech 2.2 engine with turbo and blower, (something like 200 plus hp and tunable to way too much hp.) Lots of low end torque and this rig will get out of its own way! The transmission is a five speed and the transfer case is original. The drive lines were modified and are correctly spaced. We tested the locking diff's and they are working but the seals went out in the master cylinder, (I did order them from Eurotech, *Thanks.) Hope to have that going this week. The Master cylinder is now relocated to the inside of the cab, under the center console cover as it would not fit in its original location. The pull levers will be close to original position.

The interior is original and needs to be finished... looks like most of the old stuff is in the box and lots of new stuff. I have the original engine and other misc. parts and the original set of tires and rims. I do need some parts like a front bumper and an antenna...

I'll try to get more photographs of the mods when I time permits.

Thanks, Evans
Attachments
P1160224.jpg
P1160237.jpg

vadimivanovich

Post#5 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Sounds like an amazing build. Tell us more about that engine!
"The way you think is the way you live"

Return to “New User Introductions”