Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

new to me G

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
Redrock240g

new to me G

Post#1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 pm

Guess it's time to say hi as I am going to be seeking input from this group, i live in the Pacific NW and recently got a 1980 230G converted to a 240G. The G isn't local (in Arizona) to me and won't be for months to a year. If I don't just leave it there for the day when we become (hopefully) snowbirds

Here is a pic from a 2011 post here on CG.

viewtopic.php?p=12769#p12769

It looks about the same as it was in in storage from 2007-2018. I rebuilt the fuel pump changed the oil and couple of other minor things. Licenced it and drove it about 5 miles. It needs tires which I will do next visit, prehaps clear the locker cyls as they aren't functioning. Then hopefully put on a few miles to see what shakes out.

from there I will see what it needs and if I can live with the lack of forward motion.

G Nome

Re: new to me G

Post#2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 pm

Very cool. Gives you good access to Moab or other fun winter trail runs. I’d meet you down south in the winter shoulder season when the snow is not quite premium.

Congrats and welcome.

Kent
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

rtg97229

Post#3 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 am

Congrats on the G! I am sure it will be a great truck in either location.

Redrock240g

Post#4 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 am

G Nome, I'll keep that in mind, right now the G is in Sedona, it wouldn't be that far, well it might be a long trip when factoring the elevation. I have waffled on the thought that if I bring it to the PNW have transported or drive myself.

RTG, ? 97229 as in PDX, used to be 97225, before became 98110

rtg97229

Post#5 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Yes, I live in the suburbs of Portland. Message me when you are in town, I love to meet with other G-entusiests. I met G Nome some time back, he is absolutely awesome and I recommend meeting up with him if you have the chance. I am not super knowledgeable like some of the experts (people like guido, pierre, TechMOGogy, mogwild, and several others are like G-Wagen encyclopedias) but I do enjoy owning a 250 GD.

Redrock240g

Post#6 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks I will let you know, I just hired a new guy working out of the 'couve. I would love to check out your 250.

csflohr

Post#7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Nice! I’m in AZ, let me know when you come down to stretch it’s legs in Sedona.

Pyperlaw

Post#8 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:25 pm

Hello, I am from Phoenix as well. I would like to connect with you as I have a 1991 300GD auto lwb. I am just trying to keep this thing running. Can't wait to do
Sedona red rocks. Mark in Ahwatukee

Return to “New User Introductions”