Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

The Jack Wagon

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
JACWAGN

Re: The Jack Wagon

Post#31 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:18 pm

With the improvements to the wheels and tires, decided to dedicate some attention to the spare. With the bigger tires, the spare cover no longer fits and you're left with the inside of the wheel showing out the back.
No longer, the Spare Tire Reverse Mount flips the spare around and allows you to show the right side of the wheel!
You can find it on our website:
https://jackwagonoverlanding.com/products/spare-tire-reverse-mount

spare tire reverse mount jwo.jpeg
Jack Wagon Overlanding
Email: JackWagonOverlanding@gmail.com
Instagram: @JackWagonOverlanding
Facebook: Jack Wagon Overlanding

Otiswesty

Post#32 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:59 pm

I'm selfishly counting on the newer G model to drive prices down on the older Gs so I can pick up a 2015 G550 in a year or two.
461.213, 463.241

JACWAGN

Post#33 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:24 pm

Otiswesty wrote:I'm selfishly counting on the newer G model to drive prices down on the older Gs so I can pick up a 2015 G550 in a year or two.

I believe we'll see an interesting divide in ownership as it is already becoming a split between off road enthusiasts and .. eh .. the types of owners that don't wish to off road. For the 100% on road driver, the newer model will hit home. Completely redesigned inside and out to suit the casual street driver. However, from an off road perspective, I'm willing to bet the older model out performs it and possibly by a landslide. Lots of plastic outside the new G. Not nearly as solid. Underneath it looked very soft and fragile. Would not want to bang it up..
Will be interesting to see how dealers play the market. If they're smart, they realize they can ask a little more for older models given they're more capable off road and a certain niche of drivers actually prefer these. However, I'm not sure how many are aware that ANYONE is off roading in a G. They're still pretty blown away when they find out I do. The off road Gs may account for a smaller percent of the market than we all believe and they'll drop way down. In that case, put me down for another 2014 or 2015 with the naturally aspirated 5.5L V8 :twisted: :twisted: If they do drop significantly, we may start to see some jeep and toyota enthusiasts make a shift also.
Jack Wagon Overlanding

Otiswesty

Post#34 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Ya, last 2 years of the 5.5 naturally aspirated will be like the 2008 of the G500.
461.213, 463.241

AlanMcR

Post#35 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:18 am

Dunno, pretty much everyone I know with a G offroads it vigorously.
That could be a sample size problem though. :ugeek:
...Alan

JACWAGN

Post#36 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:34 am

AlanMcR wrote:Dunno, pretty much everyone I know with a G offroads it vigorously.
That could be a sample size problem though. :ugeek:

hahaha

hmm what sample size would I need to to have a 95% confidence interval and a margin of error under 4? :?: :?:

Is our sample size truly representative of all G Wagon owners or are we ignoring a bias in our data? :ugeek:

There's definitely a group that enjoys it. This last batch of G's could very well end up a "classic" car at some point down the road. I already view my 2014 in this fashion. Wash your G, keep the oil fresh, and don't forget to start it every so often. Might be worth a fortune someday! (Oh wait, it already is)

I'd like to add a unimog to the list. Anyone know some good places to dig into unimogs?
Jack Wagon Overlanding

JACWAGN

Post#37 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:20 pm

In addition to distributing GobiRacks, we now have Front Runner racks available as well! Both for the best prices online!
You can find both on the front page of our website!

GOBI:

https://jackwagonoverlanding.com/products/mercedes-benz-g-wagon-roof-rack

IMG_8511.JPG

Front Runner:

https://jackwagonoverlanding.com/products/front-runner-mercedes-benz-g-wagon-roof-rack

front runner g 2.JPG
Jack Wagon Overlanding

Otiswesty

Post#38 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:08 pm

JACWAGN wrote:... and don't forget to start it every so often.

Ha ha, yes, don't forget that :lol:
461.213, 463.241

JACWAGN

Post#39 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:16 am

After a few weeks of running with no side steps, the product we've been developing and fabricating is finally finished! The Jack Wagon Overlanding original Skid Step is here! A combination of a rock slider and side step, the Skid Step gives protection to the underbody and allows easy access in and out of the G.

skid step 3.JPG

Made 100% of steel, the skid step is as solid as they come. The rock slider runs 1/2 inch below the exhaust system to protect the frame and prevent scraping or snagging the low hanging exhaust. The side steps feature a side tube that functions as a kick out that prevents obstacle contact to wheels and tires. Side steps include two side plates with the JWO logo to allow stability when entering and exiting the vehicle.

skid step 1.JPG

The Skid Steps follow perfectly in line with the fender flares for an aesthetic finish that ties together with the rest of the vehicle. Three stringers run diagonally to redirect hazards away from the vehicle. Powder coated in a two layer, rugged, textured, black finish adds extra traction for stepping on the side steps and increased durability to prolong the life of the steel.

skid step 7.JPG

Available on our website:
https://jackwagonoverlanding.com/products/g-wagon-skid-step
*Ships free to lower 48 states
Attachments
skid step 2.JPG
Jack Wagon Overlanding

BigRed72

Post#40 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Did you develop or are you planning to make the skid step for SWB?
1994 G300
Too many other past vehicles to mention

Return to “New User Introductions”