Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

The Jack Wagon

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
Otiswesty

Re: The Jack Wagon

Post#21 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:25 pm

The front skid plate also looks like it is lighter duty. Maybe good enough tho. It is possible it was changed to reduce the front end weight or something like that.
Another shot of the mufflers from this angle too.
Attachments
Skid.jpg
461.213, 463.241

JACWAGN

Post#22 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:13 am

Otiswesty wrote:I was looking at a lifted G550 a few weeks ago :lol:

Hahaha that thing is lifted higher than the 4x4 squared!
There's definitely a lot of space up there for the exhaust still to go up towards the heat shield without rubbing. As for the rocker guards, I have something else in mind that I look forward to sharing with you guys soon! :D
Jack Wagon Overlanding
Email: JackWagonOverlanding@gmail.com
Instagram: @JackWagonOverlanding
Facebook: Jack Wagon Overlanding

TechMOGogy

Post#23 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:34 pm

How’s Marfa?
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

JACWAGN

Post#24 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:47 pm

TechMOGogy wrote:How’s Marfa?

Marfa in itself was ok but not enough to make a trip out of. If you're going, definitely include Big Bend when you're in that neck of the woods (plains).

We stayed at El Cosmico in Marfa which allows for public camping as well as some customized camping spaces you can rent out that have massive teepees and revamped Airstreams! Then of course you have the Marfa lights and a well constructed observatory. El Cosmico was great!

We actually ate most of our meals in Alpine though. Alpine is more of a city than a town compared to Marfa. It's about 25-30 miles East of Marfa. Open road in between but be careful, tons of state troopers out there. Along the drive from Alpine back to our campsite in Marfa, we saw a couple of the most amazing sunsets leading up to seeing the Marfa Lights. That was neat (more the sunset than the lights to be honest).

When I go back, I will dedicate more time towards Big Bend itself. Probably staying in the park for a few nights. You can't make enough time to cover all of Big Bend in a trip. It was pretty remarkable. So epic! I met a guy there who said he lived in Big Bend seven years and did something different each day. His name was Steve. Seemed more like a legend than a human but that's another story.

I'd maybe drive into Marfa, check it out for a day, stay at El Cosmico, then head down through Presidio and Trelingua to get to Big Bend. This was a beautiful drive and I enjoyed a few stops along the way of some great scenery. On the way back, go up through Marathon and over into Alpine for a little while. All comes down to how much time you have. If you're passing through, Marfa would be cool to take a peak at but not for a full vacation. (personal opinion of course. The people and lifestyle there were great just not a ton to do.)

PS: Prada Marfa is not actually in Marfa. It's located West of Marfa about 30 miles in a town called Valentine.
Jack Wagon Overlanding

JACWAGN

Post#25 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:09 am

Finally got some clips onto YouTube of some rock/hill climbing and a little mudding. Will continue adding videos overtime to showcase the true capabilities of the G. It walks over obstacles so easily with the hefty engine creating high torque at low RPM. Add some clearance and a little protection and this tank can hang with the best of 'em!

YouTube channel: Jack Wagon Overlanding

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbDdEaCbJSC6CiypSI-BLIg
Jack Wagon Overlanding

JACWAGN

Post#26 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:18 am

Introducing the bf goodrich KM3 tires! Just got these put on last weekend and so far I have been very impressed! As they are a mud terrain, they appear much more aggressive being thick and blocky. This more boxy design actually has improved the driving on the highway against the KO2as the KO2 likes to roll when turning. These don't do that. They are much stiffer on the road in the sense that they don't wobble the entire vehicle when making your lane change and don't make the vehicle rock after recentering. They appear to be much more stable. I haven't put many miles on yet so this is still a raw opinion. Will be doing a more thorough review once I have tested them out a bit more. They seem more stable and look awesome. The only negative here is they do start to make a little hum around 65-70 mph. This can be heard with the radio off but only barely over the exhaust. It never gets any louder but starts to change pitch as you increase speed. With the radio on at all, you can't hear either.

bfg km3 upclose.jpeg

bfg km3.jpeg
Jack Wagon Overlanding

JACWAGN

Post#27 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 pm

Couldn't stop with the tires, had to update wheels too! Went for the "Black Jack" Semi Gloss finish! Changes the entire aesthetic of the car. Very happy with them!
Did some "mall crawling" to break them in and preserve the new kicks :lol: :lol:

black wheel mall crawl.jpeg

black wheel mall crawl 2.jpeg

More pics to come soon (of course)
Jack Wagon Overlanding

TechMOGogy

Post#28 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Whats with the low lying exhaust on both sides?
I would fix that
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

JACWAGN

Post#29 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:07 pm

TechMOGogy wrote:Whats with the low lying exhaust on both sides?
I would fix that

That's the stock exhaust system exposed with no side steps. Have a solution for that coming very soon!
Stay tuned
Jack Wagon Overlanding

JACWAGN

Post#30 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Otiswesty wrote:The front skid plate also looks like it is lighter duty. Maybe good enough tho. It is possible it was changed to reduce the front end weight or something like that.
Another shot of the mufflers from this angle too.

I got the chance to get under the new 2019 G and they've done a much better job of tucking the exhaust away. The exhaust is now flush with the frame and sidesteps of the car including the tips (on the 550, haven't seen 63 yet) and I think this is a great improvement. However, there were some dissatisfaction with the new model as well such as plastic bumpers and a reverse camera under the spare tire that won't allow for any larger tires.. Overall, still prefer our older Gs to the new one!
Jack Wagon Overlanding

Return to “New User Introductions”