Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Parting out a 230g cabrio

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
matts230cab

Parting out a 230g cabrio

Post#1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Hello Everyone!

Purchased a 1980 230g cabrio back in 2011 with the idea of restoring it - many of the body panels took some rust damage, frame is in great conditions, trans and engine are great, lockers work, break lines are replaced but not connected (This is a project after all). I have a clean title, most of the parts, I would say the car is 85-90% complete and the 4 cylinder engine was rebuilt less than 10,000 km ago. I have various documents on the cars history, the original manual, and several other items I can provide photos of / discuss. I would like to stress that this is a project car. When I purchased her she looked to be in decent condition but after taking her part I found a decent amount of rust on the body and some questionable wiring. I removed the original break lines and replaced with steel, I believe I also replaced the lines to the lockers. The car drove off the trailer and into the garage, all gears shifted fine, it has remained parked for the last 7 years. I took apart most of the car to cut away and sand off the body rust, she will need reassembling after metal work, wiring, etc...

This is my first post and I look forward to discussing with all of you. Happy to upload photos if there is interest, figured I'd post her on the forums before listing her on eBay / craigslist. I would entertain reasonable offers for the entire lot. The car is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania.

Thank you everyone!

vadimivanovich

Re: Parting out a 230g cabrio

Post#2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Pics and prices will go far. Sounds like an interesting project for some of us!
"The way you think is the way you live"

aircruiser

Post#3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:14 pm

Pictures and price please. Welcome to the forum.

matts230cab

Post#4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:40 am

Will post pictures later tonight. Does anyone recommend an image upload service? She's quite the project, body rust is the biggest culprit. If I were more experienced \ had the time, I would keep going with it. Stay tuned for photos! Thank you everyone!

I'm in the $5000 range but I'm open to offers within reason. I don't want to shy away from the fact that this will be a project.

AlanMcR

Post#5 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:58 am

You can upload pictures directly to this site. Click on the "Full Editor & Preview" and then drag the photos into the reply window text area.
...Alan

matts230cab

Post#6 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Alan thank you very much!

matts230cab

Post#7 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Return to “New User Introductions”