Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

My dream G wagen

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
vadimivanovich

Re: My dream G wagen

Post#21 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:16 am

Honestly, I thought of the same thing at one point. After talking to a customs broker I decided against it - they told me it would not be legal to import afterwards, possibly needing to be exported to Canada again before attempting. It can only stay in the US with foreign plates for up to a year, I believe.

There is a risk-reward issue too. If the foreign plates become a problem, your truck will end up outside of the country or impounded. With out-of-state plates, you might have to register in the local state but you'll maintain possession, I believe.
"The way you think is the way you live"

aaronmg27

Post#22 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:49 am

GDs 460/461, Worker, PUR and Professional, my favorite Gs. You have an exquisite taste on Gs. Post some pics. Congratulations!

Greenliner

Post#23 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello,
My apologies in advance. I am having trouble figuring out how to post pictures. Is there a picture limit?
I have around 30 pics selected of the frame & body restoration.
Thank you,

AlanMcR

Post#24 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:00 pm

Off the top of my head it is 6~8 pictures per post.
Go to the Full Editor & Preview. Drag the pictures into the white editing window. They will load and show automatically. You can finesse that a bit with some of the other controls.
...Alan

Otiswesty

Post#25 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Hello some ideas for you. The release date on the data card is 1996-03-21. Manufacture date cannot be 5-1996, like you have said. If the manufacture date is late 1995 like December, you may be able to bring it over the border as soon as January 2020.

Go find the manufacture date.

The rule is that the the year of import minus the calendar year of manufacture is no less than 25 years. The month is not relevant. Read the fine print.
https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/465 ... 3520-1.pdf
Attachments
EPAexempt.png
EPAexempt.png (219.87 KiB) Viewed 73 times
461.213, 463.241

Otiswesty

Post#26 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:01 pm

Edit:
I'm sorry, the 25 year rule runs from the date of manufacture.

It is only the EPA 21 year rule which is not date specific, this confused me.
I hope I have not muddled the information too much
461.213, 463.241

Return to “New User Introductions”