Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Hello from New member

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
tahaG

Hello from New member

Post#1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:37 pm

Quick hello to my fellow Gwagen enthusiasts, nice to officially be part of clubwagen. I've shadowed this forum (and other MBZ sites) for a while, and have always been a fan and a grateful follower of the many members that post helpful info. I've driven Gwagens for the past 15 years, my (almost) daily driver is a 463/91 300GE. I'm at a point now where I need to decide whether to tackle the dreaded rust issue before it gets serious (windshield, rear panel seams), or let go of the 300GE, and make the G500 my new ride. I'm sure this is the place where I will find solid guidance on which road makes the most sense to travel (granted, part of the decision is sentimental/emotional). Be well everyone.

G Nome

Re: Hello from New member

Post#2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Welcome. The answer will find you in soon.

Kent
Kent
If you need help...I usually have extra zip ties and duct tape.

tahaG

Post#3 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Thanks G Nome!

Otiswesty

Post#4 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:29 pm

If you have found a G500 that you like, buy it! It is the best model 4x4 by far.

The 300GE is a good car, maybe let someone else take over the dream.
461.213, 463.241

tahaG

Post#5 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 am

Thank you Otiswesty, agree on the G500. As soon as I free up in the coming days, I will inspect the rust in a bit more detail. I think anything more than surface rust, I'll likely make the switch.

Return to “New User Introductions”