Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Hi from Portland, OR

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
inorganic

Hi from Portland, OR

Post#1 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi there - I am new to the forum and G's.

I just sold my beloved VW Vanagon Syncro ('86 weekender) and now I'm looking for that next vehicle to learn about, wrench on, get into trouble with and enjoy.

I'm here to learn!

my old vanagon:

Bertha

Re: Hi from Portland, OR

Post#2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:38 am

Welcome!

After 15 years, we sold our 86 Westy Weekender (2wd) here in Portland about 1 year ago and are now in a '02 G500 set up for camping with a roof top tent, awning and other accessories.

Have you looked at, driven or located any Gs yet?

Bob
Bob
02 G500

Otiswesty

Post#3 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:18 am

Welcome
I sold my Syncro a few years ago as well. The G is amazing, but it lacks a "living room"

We are in Portland as well.
Attachments
8032544.jpg
461.213, 463.241

Otiswesty

Post#4 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:04 am

This 2004 looks nice, has a lot of life left and is a nice rare color
https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd ... 74762.html
Attachments
2004G500.jpg
461.213, 463.241

Bertha

Post#5 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:50 am

Indeed, great color. Not sure what happened with the steering wheel?
Steering wheel.jpg

Link to the vehicle's carfax -
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/qz2IhORqNuWXitNGdhnicTvmpbEJL8TNfD47Kyl1g3hlFPIqt2KLEzJPUFdgwzhknFDm6VzESphG6nRpY8Cud-iVXsCnS4E6PcY

If for some reason that doesn't work - link to the dealer's webpage -
https://www.dcmotorcompany.com/vehicle-details/2004-mercedes-benz-g-class-g-500-4matic-rear-heated-seats-backup-camera-for-sale-portland-or-44201431
Bob
02 G500

bronzit

Post#6 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:21 pm

Hi Thomas! You texted me about Gs the other day. This forum will have all sorts of wisdom.

Feel free to reach out if you're ever in the Bend area.

-Ossie
@ossiep.

inorganic

Post#7 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi Bob - you're set up sounds exactly where I'd like to head!!! How are you liking the build? To answer your question, no I have yet to drive/look at any G's yet. I'm still trying to narrow things down - in my shop I have a chalkboard with cars written down (jeep, land cruiser, defender, g) - not sure where I am headed yet - but to be honest the g has always had a special place in my heart. I'm in St Johns if you're in N. Portland I'd love to see your set up!

Bertha wrote:Welcome!

After 15 years, we sold our 86 Westy Weekender (2wd) here in Portland about 1 year ago and are now in a '02 G500 set up for camping with a roof top tent, awning and other accessories.

Have you looked at, driven or located any Gs yet?

Bob

inorganic

Post#8 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:56 pm

Hey Otis - yes, the syncro as you know is special. very special. we out grew ours and bought a 19ft rv - it is 100% reliable, but with 0% character. my neighbors lovingly refer to it as the 'ss mundane' :)

if i pursue a G it will be fitted w/roof top tent and will be used for those fun hard to get to spots and ski season. I am in st johns - if you're in the area, holler!

Otiswesty wrote:Welcome
I sold my Syncro a few years ago as well. The G is amazing, but it lacks a "living room"

We are in Portland as well.

inorganic

Post#9 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:57 pm

yes - this is a nice colour but i think that it has sold (and yeah, what happened to that steering wheel!!). thank you for taking the time to share those links.

Bertha wrote:

Indeed, great color. Not sure what happened with the steering wheel?
Steering wheel.jpg

Link to the vehicle's carfax -
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/ar20/qz2IhORqNuWXitNGdhnicTvmpbEJL8TNfD47Kyl1g3hlFPIqt2KLEzJPUFdgwzhknFDm6VzESphG6nRpY8Cud-iVXsCnS4E6PcY

If for some reason that doesn't work - link to the dealer's webpage -
https://www.dcmotorcompany.com/vehicle-details/2004-mercedes-benz-g-class-g-500-4matic-rear-heated-seats-backup-camera-for-sale-portland-or-44201431

inorganic

Post#10 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:58 pm

no way!! i was wondering if you'd be on this forum. i was thinking about a good time to ring you and was thinking of Mon or Tue this week. thanks for connecting on the forum.

bronzit wrote:Hi Thomas! You texted me about Gs the other day. This forum will have all sorts of wisdom.

Feel free to reach out if you're ever in the Bend area.

-Ossie

Return to “New User Introductions”