Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Which G?

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
valicaddy

Which G?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:58 am

Hello everybody,

Looking for a G capable of handling so called "roads" - mainly forest, but it must cope with snow and the occasional steep ascent. No racing or "mine is better than yours" nonsense.
I can't plate a RHD vehcile back home unless it's "historic" and I preffer not to comment on how they decide that... :cry: so:
-how difficult is to convert it to LHD? I am in UK now and I can look around for one

-what is the best conversion base truck?
I have an OM606 turbo saved from a rotten W210, 1x OM603N/A, 1x OM603 3.0 turbo, 1x OM603 3,5 turbo, 1x OM602 turbo, 1x OM602 N/A and finnaly 1x OM606 turbo very low mileage which is still in the original good condition W210, not counting CDI or petrol parts. :o I have the feeling they will be enough, I will get rid of what will not fit/be used.
Unless you reccomend a petrol engine...

Recent models are not welcome due to budget issues.

regards,
Vali

valicaddy

Re: Which G?

Post#2 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:42 am

:))
Ok, so 230GE seems to be the best conversion candidate...

supertreeman

Post#3 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 pm

Where are you located? Thats a nice collection of motors you have there..

apple

Post#4 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:38 pm

valicaddy wrote:how difficult is to convert it to LHD? I am in UK now and I can look around for one

Difficult enough that it isn't worth doing :)

valicaddy

Post#5 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:38 am

supertreeman wrote:Where are you located? Thats a nice collection of motors you have there..

UK for now. Some of them are here, some in Romania. They all should end up at home (RO) and then I will sort them somehow. Oh I didn't count some common rails... I can fit an mechanical pump to an engine but I can't trick an ECU.

valicaddy

Post#6 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:40 am

[/quote]Difficult enough that it isn't worth doing :)[/quote] Too bad, I thought the body is pretty simple on these trucks.

apple

Post#7 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:21 am

valicaddy wrote:Too bad, I thought the body is pretty simple on these trucks.

quite simple indeed but the bulkheads are mirrored depending which side the steering wheel goes, so to swap/fit everything on the opposite side you'd have to replace or heavily modify the firewall, again possible, just not worth the time/effort vs. buying one with the steering wheel already where you want it.

Return to “New User Introductions”