Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

G-Wagen Owner in Charleston, SC

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
Skyhook86

G-Wagen Owner in Charleston, SC

Post#1 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:41 am

Sold my business a year ago and bought my dream car, a 2017 black G-550. I drove up to the Mercedes Dealership in my old Honda Civic and asked to drive the G Wagen on display out front. The salesman laughed (as I’m sure they get tire kickers all day). Eventually I convinced him that I was serious.

I’d never actually heard the engine turn over on one and from the moment i turned the ignition, I was sold. He let me drive it home for a test run and the rest is history. I’ve had it for about a year now and enjoy driving it just as much now as the day I bought it.

Only problem is my wife wants one now so I may need to buy another :D

kmcteer

Re: G-Wagen Owner in Charleston, SC

Post#2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:12 am

Very nice! Sounds like "The Millionare Nextdoor".

Welcome!

-Kelly

Skyhook86

Post#3 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:45 pm

Thanks Kelly!

jonathan joseph

Post#4 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:18 am

Hey welcome! That's two new South Carolina G's in one week!
I'm in Charleston also! Where abouts? I live in West Ashley close to downtown.

Skyhook86

Post#5 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:31 pm

I’m in Mt. P. I swear the GWagons per capita have exploded in our part of the world

w123_sedan_guy

Post#6 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:25 am

Skyhook86 wrote:I’m in Mt. P. I swear the GWagons per capita have exploded in our part of the world

This is the same for Greenville. I used to see one or two every now and then, but lately I see one or two every time I leave my house. If I speak to the owners I tell them about clubgwagen, and then try to convince them to drive their G off road :lol: but no one seems too interested in that.
- Kyle

jonathan joseph

Post#7 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:49 am

Skyhook86 wrote:I’m in Mt. P. I swear the GWagons per capita have exploded in our part of the world

I live less than a 1/4 mile from Baker Mercedes so it seems like every time I leave my house I see an old lady driving a G63 getting donuts at Krispy Kreme...
Definitely not too many off roaders.

csc14

Post#8 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:31 pm

I'm on Daniel Island, it's much worse. Were three or four here pre-Covid...

britm3

Post#9 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:50 pm

Just did a donut run in '17 G63 today - need some darker tint so I can hide my 'lite' offroading credentials.

jonathan joseph wrote:

I live less than a 1/4 mile from Baker Mercedes so it seems like every time I leave my house I see an old lady driving a G63 getting donuts at Krispy Kreme...
Definitely not too many off roaders.

Return to “New User Introductions”