Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

New Member and new to me G500

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
TriStar

New Member and new to me G500

Post#1 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:42 pm

I am a new G500 owner 2002 G500 one owner 79k miles. I am excited to join the community and become a G Class owner. I missed an opportunity years ago to purchase a Europa and regretted it daily. This is not a Europa, but I think it will be much better in many ways. I plan to keep the G500 all stock, with some minor upgrades to leverage its overloading capabilities. I will share some pictures as soon as the hurricane blows through.

TriStar

Re: New Member and new to me G500

Post#2 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:46 pm

Here are a few pictures of my 2002 G500. Its a one owner with 79k miles. It seems to have been very well cared for and has complete services records. The only issue so far is dificult low speed steering. I will dig into that tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG-4734.jpg
IMG-4733.jpg
IMG-4728.jpg

jonathan joseph

Post#3 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:47 am

Welcome TriStar! I'm in Charleston also! My G is getting some body work right now but I hope to see you around. Silver '04 G55. We have a good number of CHS and SC people on the forum now, well need to arrange a meet up soon.
Congrats on finding a one owner low mileage truck like that!
Lots of good people and advice here. Don't hesitate to reach out for any thing you need. Lots of knowledge here.
Good luck!
Jonathan

TriStar

Post#4 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:51 am

Thanks for the welcome Johnathan. I have been looking for one for about a year. I was lucky enough to find this one that was a vacation home car in Palm Beach. Its is amazing shape for a twenty year old truck. I am just starting to go through everything but all I have found to date is a glove box latch that rattles. I live on DI, there are a few G's on the island for sure. Lest try to get a meet up in October. Maybe just overwhelm the cars and coffee in MP one Saturday morning.

Return to “New User Introductions”