Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Interior expo cabinet build

If you designed it yourself, or made it yourself (not bought), post it here showing how you did it, before and after photos, and testing in the field.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
SonnyTheElder

Re: Interior expo cabinet build

Post#31 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:57 pm

Really dig that final setup. Nicely done!
- Sonny

bram_r

Post#32 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:51 am

Looking good, so what kind of interesting electronic controllers do you there on your LH side pop up window?
'experience is what you have, just after you needed it..'

burqueDOKA

Post#33 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 am

Thanks guys. The DS cabinet houses the factory battery, the aux battery, a National Luna split charge relay, blue sea systems fuse block, ham radio, and pictured is also a dual output solar controller with display that I am getting away from (ends up I prefer the controller that is part of my Overland Solar panel better), tan pelican box is my BLS medical kit.

2000G500

Post#34 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:27 am

Wow, that is impressive. Thanks for all the great ideas. I appreciate the thought you had to put into this.
2000 G500

ExpeditionWagen

Post#35 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:28 am

Just saw this for first time. Fantastic execution. Great to see as I develop some solutions for the Wolf.

Thanks.
---
Alex

RBBailey

Post#36 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:31 am

I really like it.

One reason I never did a full set up like this in my Defender, is because I never could find the hardware! The latches, the rollers, etc... where do you get that stuff? I'm not going to build something with Home Depot kitchen drawer pulls!
1998 G320 Puch M112
1965 Land Rover Series IIa SWB
1995 Land Rover RRC LWB
1998 Land Rover Discovery LSE

Otiswesty

Post#37 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:40 pm

Yes, a super sweet build. The battery on the Europa trucks is in that DS rear wheel arch, so access to that would be important. It sounds like Jimbo has an aux battery nearby there as well. I would love to do a modified version of this as well. Access to parts and design is a hurdle tho.
461.213, 463.241

burqueDOKA

Post#38 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:26 pm

Thanks Guys, Hardware is w/o a doubt the hardest to settle on. There is so much crap out there. The slides I used are all 500# Knape and Voight sourced from the internet, I cant remember exactly where but a search will find you the best prices. I do have to say, I wish I went with the much more expensive Accuride drawer slides as they have much better locking tabs. All in all, I am happy w/ the K&V slides.
Yes my Aux battery was added into the driver rear compartment and the stock battery is under the floor of said hatch, accessed through a floor hatch. There is JUST enough room to fish the stock battery in and out through the hatch when needed.

Mick_n_Ca

Post#39 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 am

Great build and write up. Thank you.

Does it take some getting use to not being able to see out the back/sides? I’m about ready to install my system but kept it below window level. I don’t use my rear seats and wanted a complete flat surface in back for dogs and fridge when camping. Hope your out enjoying the fruits of all your hard work.
2009 W463 G55 Kompressor
2004 C215 CL55 Kompressor
2003 R230 SL55 Kompressor

I have SDS Star system if anyone is local and needs to use it

burqueDOKA

Post#40 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:35 pm

Mick_n_Ca wrote:Great build and write up. Thank you.

Does it take some getting use to not being able to see out the back/sides? I’m about ready to install my system but kept it below window level. I don’t use my rear seats and wanted a complete flat surface in back for dogs and fridge when camping. Hope your out enjoying the fruits of all your hard work.

The view out the back isn't obstructed at all really. Not being able to see out the passenger side rear window hasn’t been a big deal, I got used to using the mirrors more. It has been a great build so far after many hundreds of miles and nights spent in it. I look forward to seeing your creation!

Return to “Ingenuity and Fabrication: Modifications Made by Clubgwagen Members from Scratch”