Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

FS 1985 240GD SWB 4 sp manual

Vehicle marketplace. Restored, drivers, projects, rollers, etc...
dcurbet

FS 1985 240GD SWB 4 sp manual

Post#1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 pm

For sale is a 1985 (titled as 1986) short wheel base 240GD 4 speed manual. Located in Alexandria VA.
1985 (titled 1986) Mercedes G Class 240GD. Factory 4 speed manual transmission with original OM616 4 cyl 2.4 Liter Diesel, Front and rear lockers, 2 speed transfer case, AC, power steering.
Factory tow pin front bumper, factory tow hitch. Original spec Cactus Green paint RAL 6880.
ATS Alloy Rims 15 x 7 with 4 matching BF Goodrich KM2 tires 31x10.
DSC_0232.jpg

Truck is in excellent condition. Rides very well. Everything works. (AC will work again shortly ;) )

Utilitarian, zero electronics, go anywhere ability. Needs no mechanical attention at this time.

Engine fully restored. All bearings checked/replaced. Piston rings replaced, valves checked/replaced, valve seals new, lifters new, crankshaft checked/inspected for wear and trueness. Headgasket, all seals replaced. Water pump new. Starter rebuilt. Alternator rebuilt. Belt is new. All filters (oil, fuel (2) and air) are new.

Trans was inspected, taken apart. 2ns and 3rd gear synchros replaced. Clutch inspected. Throwout bearing replaced. All shifter linkage bushings replaced. Trans shifts great, clutch is solid with no noise, engages normal. Battery is new and correct.

Front axle fully serviced. New halfshafts, inner and outer bearings, seals (all), kingpin bearings. New oil.

Rear axle was serviced and new hubs installed. Rear diff oil changed.

Brakes were replaced front and back. New pistons and seals and pads for the front brakes. New pads and a complete cleaning/rebuild/lube of the rear brakes. Some new Co Ni brake lines as needed. Brakes are 100% and grip great. Handbrake works well, both cables are new.

Lockers engage quickly. Immediately i would say. Rubber lines replaced, pistons cleaned and seals replaced.

Exhaust is whole. Some of the couplings were refreshed, some hangers/brackets replaced.
Steering box is tight with zero leaks.

Chassis was very clean to start with. Partially sandblasted and primed and repainted. One body mount and one rear shock replaced. All rubber bushings (stabilizer arm, linkage, panhard rod, radius arm) replaced and all chassis parts sandblasted, primed and painted. New tie rod ends. New KONI Heavy Track Shocks front and rear. (thank you Guido)

Tires are over 90%.

Alignment done, wheels balanced.
Driveshafts greased.

All fluids changed (Oil, Antifreeze, Brake Fluid (Brakes and Lockers), Gear Oil,

Interior was redone. Headliner in black and door cards in black. Seats restored with correct period Mercedes Karo Gray fabric with leatherette sides and back. Seat bottom foam replaced as well. New door sills. New door weather rubber seals. New rear door (cargo) seal (ouch $). Window regulators are tight, manual, go up and down well on both doors. New window cranks. Heat controls work well and direct air properly. AC is an under-dash unit with separate controls. AC currently is not operational - I am waiting on a new compressor, old compressor was shot. It will work before you pick it up. Radio is aftermarket, works well.

Exterior went through a complete repaint in September 2018. Very happy with the paintjob, my guy definitely took his time. Some blemishes are present if you look very hard and very close, but arent they always. Very little (i will point them out to you if you dont see them) clear coat excess mostly. - overall though the paint job is great, i think the pictures tell the story. Original Cactus Green.
Many new trim parts were replaced. New headlight surrounds, new fender aprons, new rubber trim, new hinge seals, new window seals. Wiper assembly is new with all the parts involved.
Windshield is new along with the seal plus all body trim above the windshield. All keys (2) work on all locks including the ignition and fuel tank cap.

Truck is in excellent condition. Many new parts were used and always OEM when possible/available. Too many new parts to mention. Stainless steel new bolts used wherever possible and advised.

Clean title in hand.

Also here is a link to the data card for the truck which shows the factory configuration as ordered and manufactured. (thank you mogwild)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qa799eq5rg4cs ... d.pdf?dl=0

all pics are here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qi2nvzhpnf8w ... ppcpa?dl=0

i will take more pics of the chassis this week sometime. Need to get it to a lift.

Price is negotiable but within reason pls.
$49,000

TechMOGogy

Re: FS 1985 240GD SWB 4 sp manual

Post#2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Nice!!!!
GLWS
PUCH IT: 72 Haflinger Pathfinder - 75 Pinzgauer 710M 2.7i - 96 Puch 350GDT Worker

cal_w460

Post#3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:29 pm

Very nice OEM w460 without fender flares. Not often seen in the states. :)

What material was used for the remade door cards?

The truck is not Cactus Green though. It looks like its Agave Green. Even though I didn't repaint it. ;)

(Some of the free VIN decoders gives Cactus Green for Agave Green w460s.)
w460.333 1982 Colorado Beige 300 GD OM617.931

vadimivanovich

Post#4 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:35 am

Agave translates to "cactus" from Spanish. I don't know if there is more than one color code for it, but regardless, it looks nice to me!
"The way you think is the way you live"

mogwild

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:00 am

SO MUCH WANT! Need a Wolf? ;)

-trev

cal_w460

Post#6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 am

vadimivanovich wrote:Agave translates to "cactus" from Spanish. I don't know if there is more than one color code for it, but regardless, it looks nice to me!

Ah, thanks vadim. I thought there was another MB color called cactus green, but it just seems to be the translation that some (wrongly) use.

Very cool truck indeed. GLWS. :!:
w460.333 1982 Colorado Beige 300 GD OM617.931

apple

Post#7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 am

What a gorgeous truck! Think that might be my favorite color on the 460's :D

dcurbet

Post#8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:43 am

Thank you very much guys for the kind comments. I just ran with the name for the paint after reading it somewhere I can’t quite recall where but it just stuck in my memory as the name for this particular color code.

Henrik the door cards are thin plywood/compressed board. I ll take a picture when I have it off this weekend. Need to take the door card off and spray some fluid film around in there.
The faux leather looks good, i would like to see some padding under it I think.. plus some stitching to mimic the way my lwb 460 had it, I think that’s how the factory does it.

hand

Post#9 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:06 am

Wow - great looking vehicle! GLWS.
2004 G500

Return to “G Vehicles FS/FT/WTB”