Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Top mount intercooler

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
inkblotz

Re: Top mount intercooler

Post#11 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:00 am

ozgee wrote:Gentlemen

As the owner of this g single cab utility I can assure you this is not my first rodeo.

The intercooler is force fed air by 3 fans mounted above the shown top face currently. It also is in the process of being shrouded with sheet metal and rubber to ensure that basically there is more cold air going through the top face than there is hot air coming up to escape the engine by. I'm extremely confident that the scoop is sufficient as I have a colleague who got 400hp from an Isuzu single cab ute with this scoop.

I will get around to posting more pics of the intercooler in current guise and this vehicle pulls like an absolute train in Second gear and my e46 m3 cannot get away from it when turbo is on song.

Engine is an om606 with dieselmeken pump and hybrid kkk turbo.

Conservative 250hp and serious diesel torque.

Where we are in australia a front mount intercooler is a death sentence. I have a w463 front bar and was about to fit factory set up but decided against it. As grazza pointed out there is not a single serious 4wd sold here with a front mount.our fine grass seed blocks them in minutes in outback.

I will keep you all informed as this vehicle tackles some very tough terrain.

Cheers

ozgee,
Thanks for the update really look forward to seeing the fan configuration that you will be installing. I am currently in the planning stage for a water/air intercooler.

Thanks for posting
Mark

kmaser

Post#12 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:46 pm

ozgee wrote:Gentlemen

As the owner of this g single cab utility I can assure you this is not my first rodeo.

The intercooler is force fed air by 3 fans mounted above the shown top face currently. It also is in the process of being shrouded with sheet metal and rubber to ensure that basically there is more cold air going through the top face than there is hot air coming up to escape the engine by. I'm extremely confident that the scoop is sufficient as I have a colleague who got 400hp from an Isuzu single cab ute with this scoop.

I will get around to posting more pics of the intercooler in current guise and this vehicle pulls like an absolute train in Second gear and my e46 m3 cannot get away from it when turbo is on song.

Engine is an om606 with dieselmeken pump and hybrid kkk turbo.

Conservative 250hp and serious diesel torque.

Sounds great do you have more details on the pump setup (7mm / cc's and what you have done to the turbo?)

Thanks

Where we are in australia a front mount intercooler is a death sentence. I have a w463 front bar and was about to fit factory set up but decided against it. As grazza pointed out there is not a single serious 4wd sold here with a front mount.our fine grass seed blocks them in minutes in outback.

I will keep you all informed as this vehicle tackles some very tough terrain.

Cheers

inkblotz

Post#13 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:10 am

Any Update photos?

motomarco

Post#14 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Very cool addition. Loving tis site!

inkblotz

Post#15 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:18 am