Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

New G500 vibration with front end....suggestions?

Forum rules
Welcome to the Tech/DIY information archive. This area of the board is for reference purposes, please direct general tech discussion to the G Wagen Technical Forum.
Gwanabe

Re: New G500 vibration with front end....suggestions?

Post#11 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:46 pm

Looking at that pin on the engine mount you can see that it only makes contact with the rubber only on about 1/4" on both sides. Any idea why they designed it like that?

AlanMcR

Post#12 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:32 pm

The pin has only one real purpose: to prevent the motor from leaving its assigned position when the rubber of the motor mount fails. Given how many fully broken motor mounts I've seen, I'd say this is a very worthwhile function.
...Alan

Gwanabe

Post#13 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:18 pm

I replaced the engine mounts on my 2000 G500 with 130k miles. One of them looked good and had no cracks, the other one had rubber starting to split from the metal. Both of them were sagging about 1/2 inch.

Otiswesty

Post#14 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:41 pm

I have 132K miles on my G500. It is getting a new cardan shaft today and redoing the engine mounts at the same time due to evidence of wear and cracking. Done at the MB dealership b/c they are great with warranty work and I was worried about the drive shaft longevity.

They replaced a front window regulator twice on my 2002 under warranty, no charge. Turns out dust and off road vibes make the last even shorter than trips to the mall.
461.213, 463.241

Gwanabe

Post#15 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:46 pm

How much is the dealer charging to do the engine mounts?

Return to “Tech: Driveline, Axle, Shafts, Bearings, Solve your Vibration Issues Here!”