Home   Forum   Classifieds   Tech/DIY   News   Articles   Chat   Contact Us

Hello from New Mexico

Please introduce yourself here. A minimum of 3 posts here is required before you can post to the rest of the board.
sword181

Hello from New Mexico

Post#1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 pm

I join this forum about 1 year ago, first post I think. I own a very nice 2002 G Wagon. At least I thought
it was when I purchased it. Turns out it is a flood car. CarFax said it was in a minor fender bender. It was equipped with late model lights and some other small changes.

About 8 months ago I started losing all of my electrical items lights signals,warnings and then the transmission stopped shifting. We went thru the entire car cleaning all the grounds. That fixed some of the
problems.We are still fighting with the transmission. But I will take that to one of the tech sections when I am allowed

vadimivanovich

Re: Hello from New Mexico

Post#2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Welcome, and I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. A slow & methodical approach will serve you best. There are a million grounds on that car, so be thorough.
"The way you think is the way you live"

McBride

Post#3 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Welcome to ClubG! I'm up in Santa Fe...

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see that you have 8 posts already - others can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's more than enough to post anything you like on the other threads.

Your in the right place - Many great G minds here and there are some incredibly helpful folks.

William

burqueDOKA

Post#4 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Wow, what a nightmare. Was this a private sale or from a dealership? Was it a Houston G?
I'm not much of an electrical trouble shooter, but I am here in Abq if I can help in any other way.

Return to “New User Introductions”